Wedding in Florence, Italy
If you have ever considered getting married in Florence you are not alone. Each year, hundreds of couples from across the globe exchange vows in this magnificent Italian city. With lush, green landscapes, a world-class wine region, and illustrious historical sights, there are plenty of things to see and experience during your wedding in Florence.
Florence is the Region of Tuscany’scapital, a World Heritage Site, and the heart and soul of the Italian Renaissance. The ancient city is something of a multi-tasker: Whatever your desires, they flourish here, and in abundance! Whether you are a foodie, a history or art buff, a fashion enthusiast or nature lover, you’ll find a welcoming reception in 'one of the most beautiful cities in the world'; a well-chosen title bestowed by Forbes magazine.
While the array of choices might seem overwhelming, the good news is you have so many wonderful options for your Florence wedding! Whether you want to relax amidst countryside vineyards, or soak up a more metropolitan atmosphere, there are plenty of options to consider:
1) For civil ceremonies, Palazzo Vecchio could be a great choice. This grandiose palace in the centre of Florence is the city’s town hall, overlooking the beautiful Piazza della Signoria. Nestled within the palace are three stunning rooms, Salone dei Cinquecento, Sala di Lorenzo and the Red Hall, also known as the Sala Rossa. The advantage of a civil ceremony in Palazzo Vecchio is that the city’s highlights are within walking distance. Just a few steps away, wonderful must-see monuments await: The Santa Maria del Fiore Cathedral, also known as 'Il Duomo di Firenze', Ponte Vecchio, Uffizzi Gallery, Piazza della Reppublica and Piazza Santa Croce.
2) For religious ceremonies the city hosts many lovely Roman Catholic churches of all shapes and sizes. From small chapels for a more intimate ceremony, to soaring churches for a grander occasion, Florence can definitely accommodate your wedding needs! However, keep in mind that when planning for a religious ceremony you will need authorization from the local parish priest and from the archdiocese of Florence to wed in a Catholic church.
3) For Protestant weddings, St. Mark's English Church and St. James Episcopal Church lie in the centre of Florence, two splendid options for a Protestant wedding.
4) For Jewish weddings there is a grand synagogue at Florence’s heart named The Great Synagogue of Florence or Tempio Maggiore, and it is absolutely exquisite!
5) For an untraditional wedding venue there are countless options to suit your preferences for your dream Italian wedding. From Tuscan villas, palaces, castles or hotels, to an authentic Italian farmhouse or restaurant!
While the centre of Florence is a wonderful fit for those who wish to have their ceremony in the city, with all amenities in walking distance, don't forget the smaller surrounding cities near Florence. Many are rich with character and breath-taking views. Some wonderful smaller towns within the district of Florence include the following: San Casciano Val di Pesa, Certaldo, Impruneta, Vinci, Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, Montelupo Fiorentino, and Greve in Chianti.
Now that you know some of the amazing choices offered by a destination wedding in Florence, transforming your dream into reality couldn’t be simpler!
Don't hesitate to call or email us to find out more. We'd love to chat about making your perfect wedding possible!